Tracks and cars

2 weeks 3 days ago #1115 by Jan
Tracks and cars was created by Jan
Hi all

A question. Isn't there a way to install cars and/or tracks to rFactor2, without go through workshop in Steam. As you can do in Automobilista?

It's so easy to do just that in Automobilista. But in rFactor 2, it seems impossible. At least it seems so to me. I do miss cars and tracks in rFacor.

Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 2 days ago #1116 by TOCA2FREAK
Replied by TOCA2FREAK on topic Tracks and cars
Hi Jan,

There are 3 ways to install cars/tracks in RF2.

1. You either use the Steam Workshop.
  2. Go onto a website that has cars/tracks to download.
  3. Join a server with the car/track you want to use and if the server is set correctly it will auto download and install from that server.
I always recommend using the Steam Workshop to begin with and if you don't find what you want then use a website such as RaceDepartment to find cars/tracks. Then it will be a ".rfcmp" file that you download, this could be inside a .zip file for example. The .rfcmp file needs to go into the "Packages" folder found in your rfactor2 installation folder. Once you have put the .rfcmp file into the Packages folder you then need to load the rFactor2 launcher click the icon that looks like a Box and then click on the "Installed" column so you can list the content in installed order. The new car/track you put into your packages folder will have no tick next to it. Select this and then click the "Install" button at the bottom. This will then have installed the car/track for rFactor 2

I know this seems very complicated but it gets easy once you have done it a few times. The reason why rFactor 2 moved over to this system is to stop all of the mismatches that used to happen with rFactor 1 and AMS as this system checks to make sure you have the right version before joining a server and will warn you before the game loads. If you wish to uninstall and delete any content you have downloaded then again use the rFactor 2 launcher and click the Box icon. Find the mod you wish to uninstall, select it and click the "Uninstall" button at the bottom and if it allows you then select it and click "Delete" button to delete the .rfcmp file that you put into the Packages folder.

The last thing to say is be careful of what you find on websites as any old content will not work well with the current version of RF2. For example RF2 moved over to DX11 graphics and if you find any content that uses the DX9 graphics you will see a lot of glowing objects on the track. The same goes for any old car mods.

List of websites to find cars/tracks

Kevin

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz | Video: 1080 Ti | RAM: 16 GB | OS: Win 10 | Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2 | Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black | Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2 | Rig: rSeat Evo V3 | Screens: ASUS ROG Strix Curved XG35VQ 35" Ultrawide | VR: Rift & Vive

2 weeks 15 hours ago #1126 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Tracks and cars
Just want to tell yo Kevin that it works perfect. You are very kind to give me a hand with it. Everyting in rFactor2 is so new to me. Takes some time to learn this new stuff. :cheer:

Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOCA2FREAK

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

© 2018 Phoenix Racing Club. All Rights Reserved.