× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Next Tuesday night AMS League

2 weeks 4 days ago #686 by TOCA2FREAK
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to get an idea on what people would like for the next Tuesday night AMS Leauge. (Probably won't start till August or after)

What PRC has planned so far
  • Vanilla content (No DLC or mods)
  • Open server (anyone can join)

Would like to get some feedback on what car people would like to drive. Remember only Vanilla content so no DLC's or mods. Also how do you feel on having an open server? I feel this is a good way to go to get more drivers as any random person can join in. This also gives PRC an opportunity to recruit more drivers.

Kevin

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz | Video: 1080 Ti | RAM: 16 GB | OS: Win 10 | Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2 | Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black | Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2 | Rig: rSeat Evo V3 | Screens: ASUS ROG Strix Curved XG35VQ 35" Ultrawide | VR: Rift & Vive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 6 days ago #690 by Detestedpit
no idea what cars to use but I agree with the rest like open servers

1 week 6 days ago #691 by [PRC]Rick
I dont mind a lot of cars but i favour ones that turn in and stop and have reasonable adjustment in the setup, break pressure and bios can be very important when running one kind of wheel and different peddles.
a lot of tin tops do not turn in have massive under-steer and you have to break 300 meters from the corner.

regards open servers i have mixed feelings.
plus point able to recruit and people see your servers are full and this in-turn encourages more people each time.

Negatives.
"drop in trade" often brings with it its own problem, drivers are not accountable for there actions therefore show less respect to the rest of the field.
you could practice for days and be taken out by a "drop in" driver in the first turn who has had 20 mins practice, and no penalty for his actions, (how many times did Neal get hit and leave).

My overall view is
"events" should stay open for recruitment reasons.
"Leagues" should be closed to committed drivers.

2 x 12 inch CRD monitors
Pentium 133 CPU
4mb Ram
Graphics card 3dfx voodoo 1, 64mb
Wheel - Hama Thunder V5
The following user(s) said Thank You: not_him_59

1 week 4 days ago #695 by not_him_59
I agree with Rick's points re open servers and keeping the content for these as 'vanilla'. But for our official Leagues we should use any content as long as it is up the the standard of Reiza's own content.

Gotta say I have mixed feelings about open server events as I tend to be mid-field after qually and right in the midst of L1 madness. I have had some good races, but the majority for me often end on L1 sometimes even before I get to the start/finish line!

Nonetheless we still need to run such events regularly in order to encourage growth of the membership.

Intel I5 6600 - ASUS Z170M-PLUS M/B - 16GB DDR4/3000 - Win 10 64bit - EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION - Thrusmaster T500RS - ClubSport V3 Pedals - Triple BENQ 29" 144 hertz monitors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Detestedpit

2 days 7 hours ago #705 by TOCA2FREAK
Thank you guys for your comments.

The problem I see for having closed servers for league races is limited numbers. Look at what happened with the Formula Trainer league. We had over 20 drivers sign up. We had a good turn out for the first couple of races but then dropped down into the single digits. On average we had 5 drivers.

I would say we could try a league with open servers but don't take it serious. Treat it like it was a club race as there is a good chance by being taken out by a random driver. I will take note of any bad behavior and black list any driver misbehaving.

Again more comments on this appreciated. :)

Kevin

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz | Video: 1080 Ti | RAM: 16 GB | OS: Win 10 | Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2 | Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black | Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2 | Rig: rSeat Evo V3 | Screens: ASUS ROG Strix Curved XG35VQ 35" Ultrawide | VR: Rift & Vive

2 days 25 minutes ago #708 by Detestedpit
I agree with all of the above kev
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOCA2FREAK

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

© 2018 Phoenix Racing Club. All Rights Reserved.