Teamspeak vs Discord

4 months 1 week ago #1672 by Chicken
Teamspeak vs Discord was created by Chicken
As the subject says, anyone else have a preference. I im leaning alot more towards Discord nowdays, it's easy to use and very pretty and wondered what other poeples thoughts were.

Chick

[PRC] Chicken
Chicken Out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #1674 by Andy Grear-Hardy
Discord for me to.

[PRC] Andy Grear-Hardy

4 months 1 week ago #1676 by Esberg
Replied by Esberg on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
I prefer Discord

Nino

In game name:
AMS: [PRC] Esberg
RF2: Esberg

4 months 1 week ago #1678 by TOCA2FREAK
Replied by TOCA2FREAK on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
I too would prefer Discord. It's easy to send PM messages to friends too which isn't possible with TS.

Kevin

In game name:
AMS: [PRC] TOCA2FREAK
RF2: [PRC] TOCA2FREAK

4 months 1 week ago #1681 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
Hi all

Yes, I prefer Discord. It's easy to start and you are able to see who is online or not
Sorry to say only, if there is problems with Discord, and when things failing out, it's hard to get things straight in order.
Discord suport is nice guys, but it takes time to reach them and certain things seems to be impossible to fix.

Jan

4 months 6 days ago #1683 by TOCA2FREAK
I'm glad to report I helped fix Jan's issue with Discord :D

Kevin

In game name:

4 months 6 days ago #1684 by Detestedpit
Replied by Detestedpit on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
team speak for me

In game name
Ams [Prc] Detestedpit
RF2 [Prc] Detestedpit

4 months 6 days ago #1686 by [PRC]Rick
Replied by [PRC]Rick on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
Team speak for me, i find discord more fussy / fiddly, team speak simple and does what is required and a good place to store files.
its free and run off our host, am sure the same can be said for discord but i don't know.
the way tea speak is setup we can prevent it from being hijacked which many used to do in the old days, people come on when its empty and play there stuff on your coms, maybe discord can be set this way.

In one way it doesn't matter to me as my focus is on my mother who is terminally ill and hasn't long left and i have another problem i am currently awaiting blood results for myself regards another health issue, fingers crossed on that.
also with Tuesdays AMS race starting so late i cannot attend that and i cannot get RF2 running for Thursdays event, without possibly reinstalling my operating system which i am not prepared to do just because RF2 has so many problems.
therefore am not sure when / if i will return to racing and need coms of any type. :)

2 x 12 inch CRD monitors
Pentium 133 CPU
4mb Ram
Graphics card 3dfx voodoo 1, 64mb
Wheel - Hama Thunder V5

4 months 6 days ago #1689 by not_him_59
Replied by not_him_59 on topic Teamspeak vs Discord
I'd prefer Discord these days mostly because I use it for every other race/sim except with PRC.

4 months 5 days ago #1691 by TOCA2FREAK

[PRC]Rick wrote: Team speak for me, i find discord more fussy / fiddly, team speak simple and does what is required and a good place to store files.
its free and run off our host, am sure the same can be said for discord but i don't know.
the way tea speak is setup we can prevent it from being hijacked which many used to do in the old days, people come on when its empty and play there stuff on your coms, maybe discord can be set this way.

In one way it doesn't matter to me as my focus is on my mother who is terminally ill and hasn't long left and i have another problem i am currently awaiting blood results for myself regards another health issue, fingers crossed on that.
also with Tuesdays AMS race starting so late i cannot attend that and i cannot get RF2 running for Thursdays event, without possibly reinstalling my operating system which i am not prepared to do just because RF2 has so many problems.
therefore am not sure when / if i will return to racing and need coms of any type. :)

Sorry to hear about your mother and your health Rick. :(

All the things you can do with TS can be done in Discord apart from uploading large files. However we have a download section on our site that can do that. ;)

Regarding moving to Discord I'll leave the ultimate decision with you Rick as you are the founder of this club. :)

Kevin

In game name:

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

© 2018 Phoenix Racing Club. All Rights Reserved.