Private or public qual?

Poll:Private or public Qual?

Private
3 50%
Public
3 50%
Total number of voters: 6 ( Chicken, Detestedpit, TOCA2FREAK, Esberg, Andy Grear-Hardy ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
6 months 2 weeks ago #2244 by TOCA2FREAK
After getting some messages on having private qual this poll is to see which we will do from next week onwards.

Kevin

In game name:
AMS: [PRC] TOCA2FREAK
RF2: [PRC] TOCA2FREAK
The topic has been locked.
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #2248 by Shelby
Replied by Shelby on topic Private or public qual?
The issue i had with quali in the last round was that i back off and leave myself a gap, then someone in front goes off comes back on the track and proceeds with their lap without getting out of the way even though their lap was already ruined. Since they're technically still on a lap theres no blue flags and wreck my lap as well as theirs.

And there were a lot of offs/crashes :p

In game name:
RF2: Shelby
AMS: Shelby
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #2251 by DarkPxl
Replied by DarkPxl on topic Private or public qual?
I'm the one who mentioned the possibility for private qualifications so I will give a more detailed point of view.

Sure, I had problems doing clear laps this week, but it's not the first time it cause some issues. I know sometimes it works without issue, but with more people on the grid, and with open server (btw, I don't say it should not be that way, because its great to have more people on grids) people are joining just before qualification (again no problem) but you can have a 4-5-6 sec difference per lap that is a lot (and people going off track every time) and that make it very hard to judge the gap needed to make a clear lap.

And I DO NOT blame anyone as I know people are doing their best and want to do the right thing, and that everyone is there to have fun.

If you leave a very big gap, people exit pit in front, cutting your needed gap for a clear lap, by the time you catch them you do not always know if they are on a fast lap or outlap and by experience I know that not everyone knows how to react with a blue flag.

I understand the appeal to have public qualification, but you can't have it all imo, the number of drivers, short session time, unlimited numbers of laps (and pit exits), random drivers not knowing how fast they can lap. It turn the qualification into a random (also considering tow)and sometime frustrating event.

Some different solutions could be found and private qualification was the easiest one (double session time with maybe limited laps and static real road is another possibility).

Anyway, I do not want to create an issue, and I am not even sure if I can race this week (or other weeks as usual). It can also be a problem only affecting a very few and no need to change anything if members are happy the way it works for them. So feel free to ignore my concerns ;)

Happy racing! :)

In game name:
RF2: Christian.ca
6 months 2 weeks ago #2252 by Shelby
Replied by Shelby on topic Private or public qual?
I will also add that whilst i have voted private im not particularly against it remaining public, i just felt that in the last round there were an unnecessary amount of incidents. (I actually benefitted from the public quali as i eventually managed to get a clean lap and qualified higher than it appeared i should have on pace)

In game name:
RF2: Shelby
AMS: Shelby
6 months 2 weeks ago #2258 by TOCA2FREAK
Replied by TOCA2FREAK on topic Private or public qual?
If this stays as a tie before race day on Thursday 8th August I'll keep qual as it is.

Kevin

In game name:
6 months 2 weeks ago #2260 by TOCA2FREAK
Replied by TOCA2FREAK on topic Private or public qual?
Okay as this poll ended in a tie qual will carry on as normal and be public.

Kevin

In game name:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

© 2018 Phoenix Racing Club. All Rights Reserved.